Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Purpose...

I came off such a great weekend!
We did little bit of everything...
Friday, took E to his sports class with his best bud, Carter...a little McDonald's (just him and I)


came home and started E's Valentines cards...
(I know to start early, because there is a LOT of them!)
then...
Ladies night...
which really, was one of those perfect nights...
the one where you have FABULOUS conversation...a ton of laughs...
you know, when you really connect with your friends.
We danced...we drank...we ate...
(antipasto...which I CANNOT seem to get enough of)
We had a blast!



Saturday, my brother in law called to see if E could come over to play with the boys for a while...
(um...FOR SURE!)
So, my wonderful hubby decides that we need to go use our time wisely...
&
get a massage and facial! 
YAY!


Sunday, hubby went out with the boys to watch the game...
so, my girlfriend and her kiddies came over!
I made homemade bruschetta...
fresh tomatoes...garlic...basil...lemon...olive oil...parmesan...
yum...
& "skinny" artichoke dip from http://www.skinnytaste.com/!


So...that being said...I go into work on Monday...
I used to LOVE my job...(post-production...the advertising world)...
It fulfilled me in every way...great people...great people to work for...SUPER busy...
(I work 10 hour days)...and busy all 10 of them...

We were spoiled in every sense of the word.
Free HUGE breakfast buffet every morning...
lunch menus with 4 restaurants to chose from every day...
(I gained 10 lbs in my first year!)

3:00 snack and Friday drink cart that came around...
We had a MENU of cocktails to chose from...order a drink and they bring it to you...
I got to sip COCKTAILS at work!

Mainly...I felt needed...important...that I was contributing to something bigger than myself...
...& damn good at my job.

Which brings us to now...
many people have left...we have gotten pay cuts...furloughs...it's just so darn quiet...
I feel like I get paid to sit.

Yes, we have to pay our mortgage (damn it)...
but, for me...I drop my little E off at preschool every morning
to come to a job that doesn't fulfill me anymore...
a place where I just sit and surf the net...and watch movies...
for 10 hours.

Now, I did go back to school for 18 months...
THAT was the only thing that made me feel productive.
(I had to take a break...but am going back in Summer)

I just feel like my son's life is just passing me by.
I pre-enrolled him in Kindergarten yesterday.
Kindergarten.
I almost fell over.

& I don't know what I wish...
I guess we all wish, to do something with our lives...
to make a difference...
to spend quality time with our loved ones
 (because before you know it...they are gone)
to learn...and grow...every day

to feel good...
mind. body. & soul.

I guess I will just keep pluggin away at school and hopefully when I am finished
there will be a place for me to work
with children...which is what I have always wanted to do...

to feel needed...and important...and busy...and have purpose...

2 comments:

  1. Tara, I've been reading this post over and over trying to think of something supportive to say, but nothing is coming to mind. While I do love the company I work for, I've had 3 job changes in 3 yrs thanks to the economy. It's so hard to leave my son for 10 hrs a day (you really work 10 hr days? I'm gone for 10 each day and it kills me), so I know how you feel.
    I think it's so great you're going back to school, though! I'm sure it will be a challenge, but you can totally do it and you will have the job you've dreamed of all your life, with summers off to spend with your E! (and at least you had a FUN weekend, sounds heavenly!!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Jill...I know. Every decision is different when you have a child...I will figure it out! Thank you for your kind words friend! xo

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails