Friday, June 8, 2012

Field Day...!

Remember Field Day!!!....
ahhhh...the memories...
Having races (50 yard dash I was particularly good at)...long jump...shot puts...jump rope champion...(my husband held the title at Ethan's school for many many years...and he will NOT let anyone forget it!...not that he should...it's QUITE an accomplishment...;)
Someone took him down in early 2000...or they were just sick of seeing Craig Hill up there!
ahahahahaha!
just kidding babe...
You are SO the jump rope champion in our minds...

Anyway...
They used to give out RIBBONS!
You know, cause you WON something.
I worked my TAIL off to win the 50 yard dash
I mean, it was fun to win!
It sucked to lose...and we all lost at some point...
but, the feeling of beating everyone else was FABULOUS!
They don't do that stuff anymore.
No one wins...no one loses...
Say WAAA?

Come on...
I mean, I get it...
a little bit
No one wants to lose...or their kid to lose...
but, isn't that the part of the point of growing up?
Learning how to win and lose...
and
how to channel both those feelings into something positive?

Now...everyone just plays...
hmmmm...
I am not sure how I feel about that...
too many complaining kids (or probably parents actually)

Oh well.
They have a blast anyway!







Ms. Shafers Kindergarten Class

I worked the "GO FISH" station which was basically where the kids came and cast their reels
 (real fishing rods by the way)
out into the field to try to get them into the hula hoops or a random canoe or kayak...
and I have to say...
a huge majority of the kids were fantastic!
I couldn't believe it...
Cause, I really was terrible...
couldn't do it.

After the K-2 kids were done...
Ethan's teacher had us have a pizza party outside on blankets...underneath a giant tree!
It was sooooo nice...
chowing pizza...grapes...carrots...juice boxes...and the cutest ice cream cone cupcakes
(darn...I should have taken a picture...)
then Ms. Shafer gave them all bubble wands!
It was a wonderful day that I am SURE all the kiddos will remember forever!

and I am sooo darn lucky to be able to help out and see his smiling little face!

YAY for Field Day!
It was a blast!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails