Thursday, June 16, 2011

To paint or not to paint...

So...I am almost finished redoing my cane back chairs I got off Craigslist for $20 A PIECE!!!
I have 800 yards
(seriously...I bought WAAAY to much)
Rachel Ashwell White Denim Fabric...
which actually...I could redo EVERYTHING in this fabric...
so it's totally fine that I over bought...


anyway...
I decided to recover these seats the other day...
I started taking them apart and the padding underneath was SOOO disgusting...
and completely falling apart...

So, I picked up some new foam...borrowed a staple gun from a fabulous girlfriend (thanks Chas!)
and am off to my new adventure!

Now...
do I keep them this color (the stained wood)...
or...
do I paint them white...
or...
glossy black...

Let me tell you first that I just purchased a rug...
yes...
I found an 8 x 10 rug for...wait for it...
 $200!!!!!
I almost fell over.

Anyway...
it is black and white...
well...
here is a pic from where I found it...


IT IS SOOO COOL!

This dresser she has in her daughters room is almost exactly the style buffet I have in my dining room...
but...it is white with a glossy black mirror.

I am really digging the Vintage...Modern...Glam...Earthy look...
yes, I know...
kind of alot of looks...
but, it's what I love. so. I will make it work!

Anyway...
thoughts?  suggestions?
wood, white, or black?

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails