Wednesday, June 1, 2011

thankful...

I am a generally happy woman...
I have my days...
but, basically...thankful for what I have...
& whenever I want more...or just forget...or am reminded...
I try to remind myself...

I am thankful for...

1.)  My husband...we have been through a lot together...we have grown together...side by side...we are still deeply in love with each other...I still look at him and am filled with such emotion...thankful that this man was given to me...{I am far from perfect...but, he loves me anyway}...we still laugh...flirt...touch feet under the blankets...snuggle...and support each other...I consistently remind myself to put him first...to never forget our marriage...to grow stronger together.  We have arguments...& I storm off mad sometimes...but, in my heart...I can honestly say that, I KNOW we will be together forever...I KNOW we will continue to grow more in love with each other...I don't know how or why...but, for this...I am thankful...


2.)  My beautiful son...God has allowed me to experience a life filled with a kind of love that I could never DREAM was possible...to love someone without expecting anything in return...to love with everything that you have...to give up your life for this person without hesitation...I have no doubt that God knew exactly what I needed and wrapped it up in this gift...to feel a child grow and move inside you is indescribable...this little person that hugs me...and kisses me...and tells me that he loves me...each and every day...and who crawls in bed with me...wraps his arms around me and kisses each part of my face...who touches me when I am upset...who laughs with me until we are both crying from happiness...who is the closest thing to God on earth that I could ever imagine...for him I am thankful...

3.)  My friends...we somehow all found each other at an early age...we learned to trust...to share our thoughts...dreams...hopes...wants...desires...to have FUN!...some of these people have shown me the kind of person I want to be...they are beautiful people...inside and out...loving mothers and fathers...honest...kind...and there for you...really there for you...without hesitation...I am blessed to have each and every one of them in my life...they are my family...& for them I am thankful...


4.)  For God...I am so thankful to know God...to truly and honestly believe...to trust in Him...to know that His plan is greater than anything that I can design for my own...to understand that He only gives me what I need...not what I want...to have someone to talk to...to cry to...to beg to...to get angry at...and know...deep in my soul that He understands my emotions and listens without judgement...for faith I am thankful...


5.)  For family...I was loved...really and truly loved...brought up with good words...and even better actions...I had role models...shown empathy...sympathy...caring...kindness...generosity...I was held accountable for my actions...but never left alone...I was and still am shown by example...I know that I am loved...and for that I am thankful...



No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails