Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Haunted Ghost Chairs...

I have blogged about these chairs before...The "Ghost Chair" by Kartell...

I just think they are sooo beautiful and simple...and so stunning next to something completely NOT modern...
a dark vintage table...thick ivory silk pocket pole curtains (with a slight puddle at the bottom)...a beautiful bucket of hot pink peonies...and an ivory faux fur throw on each chair (Ikea)

I stumbled across these chairs while admiring my plain ghost chairs again today...
Now, I don't actually want these in my home (tee hee), but they would be cool if I was throwing a Haunted Halloween Party and I was filthy RICH!

Design Drift Ghost Chairs


Using laser technology, the design pair Ralph Nauta and Lonneke Gordijn created ghosts within the solid Plexiglas chairs for Design Drift. (Photos via dezeen.com)


{very ghosty right!}

Stefano Merlo's Phantom Chair


You'd better get prepared for this ghostly chair because it's about as spooky as one you'll ever see. Designed by Stefano Merlo for his doctoral degree, the Phantom is actually a transparent silicone veil with electroluminescent wires that can be draped over any plastic chair. At night, the ghost comes alive! Merlo shares his romantic vision of every plain plastic chair becoming a Cinderella!



Boo!












1 comment:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails